Time saving beauty hacks – How to do your makeup, fast!
If you are a busy mum, professional woman or live life on the fast lane, always on the go-go then you won’t have time to devote twenty minutes to your basic makeup routine every morning.
The trick to get your makeup looking great in a hurry is not to try and fit everything into the limited amount of time you do have, your face will only end up looking half finished.
You could adopt a makeup strategy, one that gets you looking better as the day goes on (After all, how much makeup do you need for a 9am meeting?).
Follow these steps and you will always be wearing the right face at the right time, and it will take you no time at all!
EARLY MORNING: Apply the basics
Daylight doesn’t drain red tones from your face as artificial light does, therefore in the morning you can get away with wearing less makeup.
- Apply Moisturiser and blot off. Put on the moisturiser that keeps your skin refreshed and shine free during the day and then blot off the excess with a tissue.
- Powder and Press. Apply a Mineral Powder foundation, it will add protection, coverage and moisturising properties.
- Blush a Bit. A light dusting of blush is plenty for early morning and can be intensified as the day goes on
- Add a Little Lash. A layer of mascara will be suffice and will look more natural with this minimal makeup.
- Finish with Lips. Sweep across your lips a lip gloss or lipstick if you prefer. Keep to neutral tones to keep your makeup looking natural and sheer.
LUNCH TIME: Work out your eyes
The light at midday becomes right for more eye makeup. Simply take 5 minutes before you leave for lunch to do these few steps;
- Add more mascara ; Apply a second layer of mascara
- Highlight The Eyes; Add a sweep of shadow on the outside of your lid and across
- Add Definition; A rim of darker eye pencil, applied just at the lower lash base and smudged, puts a gorgeous new focus on your eyes.
- Balance your Blush; Re apply your blush a little stronger to stand up to the new intensity of your eye makeup
- Redefine Your Lips; As a finishing touch, refresh your lipstick and away you go!
Make your makeup work for you. By dedicating a little time to your face at the right time of the day you will look like a brand new Super Mum.
5 Speedy Makeup Tips!
1. To save on time use products that you can utilize for different things, such as foundation that can work as concealer, Blush that can used as eye makeup, and double ended lipstick pencils.
2.Try using 2-in-1 thick lipstick-pencils, they are ultra moisturizing and give off the look of a creamy lipstick while still lining and sculpting your lips the way a pencil does.
3.If in a hurry powder on a neutral blush over your forehead, cheeks, chin and temples. It will make your skin healthy and you can wear it with or without foundation.
4.Skip eye makeup and apply two layers of thick mascara, it defines the eyes instantly.
5. Utilise your lip gloss, it can be applied on your lips but also on your temples as a highlighter and on your eyes for a glossy look.
Have a fabulous week everyone xxx