Phoenix Renata is a Makeup Artist and Entrepreneur who created and developed Phoenix Cosmetics. Phoenix has trained and worked as a Makeup Artist since the tender age of 15. Phoenix’s creative talents led her to pursue her childhood dream of designing a cosmetic label. Phoenix has worked extensively in the film, television and fashion makeup industry.
Her portfolio showcases work for New Zealand’s top fashion designers, Zambesi, Trelise Cooper, and many more. Phoenix has worked extensively in the television and fashion fields, as well as writing for many fashion publications, and at the age of 21 opened her first makeup boutique selling exclusive her own range of Phoenix Cosmetics.
Named ‘The Eyebrow Queen’ by colleagues and clients, Phoenix earned her unusual moniker through obvious expertise in eyebrows, which she believes give women “so much power and confidence”. Phoenix has won various awards not only for Eyebrows, but also for her Makeup Artistry and Lash skills. The NZ Herald recently named Phoenix the ‘Brow Expert’.
Alongside running a successful business, Phoenix has worked on many fashion and makeup projects. Some of these include;
- Annually designing makeup and working extensively for
many NZ designer’s at New Zealand Fashion Week since 2004. Designers include, Trelise Cooper, Annah Stretton, Miss Crabb, Park the Label and Lucie Boshier and the Designer Selection and Miromoda shows.
- Creating and developing a New Zealand first, Phoenix’s own Makeup Show at NZ Fashion Week.
- Numerous makeup design for theatre shows, charity events and fashion productions.
- Makeup design 6 years running for Queen of the Whole Universe, a large production of ‘drag queens’ – charity fundraiser for the NZ Aids Foundation.
- Training and employing hundreds of talented and creative Makeup Artists over her 12 years in Business
- Raising $6,000 for the SPCA with her personal fashion project and exhibition
Phoenix has made various TV appearances and interviews. Often a makeup advisor or interviewed for the success of Phoenix Cosmetics.
- TV2 IAM TV, ATM Business Show, Good Morning Show NZ, Breakfast Show, Maori Television.
- Phoenix Cosmetics YouTube Channel